For those who are bored with classic rice recipes, we present you the Indonesian style black rice pilaf recipe prepared with shrimp, Chinese cabbage, black rice and different sauces. You can enrich this pilaf, which is very popular in Far Eastern countries, with umami, tamari and soy sauce.
For how many person Preparation Time Cooking time
4 people 60 minute 60 minute
Ingredients for Indonesian Wild Black Rice and Shrimp Rice Recipe
- 300 g shrimp
- 90 g Chinese cabbage (coarsely chopped)
- 250 g black rice
- 3 cloves of garlic (Grated)
- 5 sprigs of scallions (finely chopped)
- 2 spoonful butter
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of Umami sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of ginger (Grated)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil (finely chopped)
- 2-3 hot peppers (coarsely chopped)
- Black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
For the above
- Fresh onion (finely chopped)
- Hot pepper (coarsely chopped)
How To Make Indonesian Wild Black Rice And Shrimp Rice?
- In a saucepan, add salt to boiling water and add the rice and cook until soft. If necessary, you can add hot water.
- Heat the butter in a large pan, add ginger, onion, garlic and hot pepper and cook until it turns pink.
- Add all the sauces, basil and shrimp and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add the Chinese cabbage, lemon juice and sesame oil and mix for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the rice on a serving plate and spread the shrimp mixture on top. Serve hot, garnish with scallions and hot peppers.