If you are looking for a recipe that will warm you up during the winter months, let’s get you like this. Nesting soup with both yoghurt and meat has become synonymous with the Gaziantep region. This soup, which is frequently consumed especially in Southeastern Anatolia, is enriched with mint sauce. It is one of the most delicious starters of crowded tables. So, how to make yummy or yummy nesting soup? If your ingredients are ready, let’s roll up the sleeves for nesting soup and move on to the recipe.
For how many person Preparation Time Cooking time
6 people 25 minute 15 minute
Ingredients for Nesting Soup Recipe
For the soup:
- 1 cup chickpeas (pre-soaked)
- 500 grams of lamb shank
- 5 glasses of water
- 3 shallots
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of mint (for the top)
- 1 teaspoon of chili pepper (for the top)
- 2 tablespoons of butter (for the topping)
For the tiny meatballs:
- 3 tablespoons of broken rice
- 150 grams of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon fine bulgur with meatballs (soaked)
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the yoghurt sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- 2.5 cups of water
How to Make Nesting Soup?
- Take a teaspoon of butter in a pressure cooker and add the shallots and fry.
- Add the meat to it and fry it with onions for 5 minutes.
- After adding the water and chickpeas, close the lid of the pot.
- After the whistle blows, reduce the stove and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat at the end of 20 minutes and let the steam escape.
- After all the steam has escaped, carefully open the lid of the pot.
- While draining the meat, extract the onions from the meal. Leave only meat and chickpeas in the pot.
- After picking the meat, add the chopped meat and chickpeas again to the strained broth.
- For the tiny meatballs; Soak the rice in hot water for 15 minutes and drain the water.
- After straining the rice, mix it with fine bulgur and minced meat. Pass it through the rondo to a powder consistency.
- Put this mixture in a bowl and add other mortar ingredients and knead it.
- When the mortar is completely mixed, break off chickpea-sized pieces and place them on a tray. In this way, let it rest in the refrigerator for an average of 30 minutes.
- For the yoghurt sauce; Whisk the flour, yoghurt and egg in a bowl. Add the water little by little and mix.
- Add the boiling broth and balance the heat.
- Add the yoghurt mixture to the boiling broth gradually and mix.
- After lowering the heat, pour the chili peppers and mint melted in butter over the soup. Enjoy your meal.
What Are The Tips Of Nesting Soup Recipe?
- Fine bulgur and rice must be dried before they are added to rondo.
- Slowly add the boiling broth to the egg and yoghurt mixture. Otherwise it will be cut and unusable.
- The reason for adding broth to yoghurt sauce is to prevent the cut of the soup by providing heat balance.