Dovga soup is one of the most popular soups of Azerbaijani cuisine. Yoghurt, rice, chickpeas and vegetables are used in its production. Generally, the season’s freshest vegetables such as chard, parsley and mint are used. It is indispensable, especially in the winter months. If the ingredients are ready, we can proceed to making Azerbaijani dovga soup.
For how many person Preparation Time Cooking time
6 people 25 minute 15 minute
Ingredients for Dovga Soup Recipe
- 1 bunch of biceps
- Half a bunch of parsley
- Half a bunch of dill
- Half a bunch of mint
- Half a bunch of fresh coriander
- 80 grams of rice
- 125 grams of chickpeas (boiled)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of flour
How to Make Dovga Soup?
- Add rice, water and chard stems in the pot and boil.
- When the rice and chard stems begin to cook, add the chard and mix.
- Finely chop the mint, coriander, dill and parsley and add to the mixture.
- After adding hot water, add chickpeas and salt and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Mix yoghurt, flour and egg in a bowl.
- Add a scoop from the soup and warm the yogurt mixture.
- Then slowly add this mixture to the soup and mix.
- You can serve the soup lukewarm. Enjoy your meal.