Meyir soup, which is identified with the Adıyaman region, is prepared with yoghurt and bulgur. This soup, which is frequently consumed in the winter months, is also popular in Siirt, Batman and Diyarbakır regions. You can enrich the fruit soup with your favorite spices. If you have the ingredients ready, we can go into the details for the delicious fruit soup recipe.
For how many person Preparation Time Cooking time
6 people 25 minute 15 minute
Ingredients for Meyir Soup Recipe
- 2 glasses of yoghurt
- 2 eggplants
- 1 glass of bulgur
- 5 green peppers
- 2 onions
- 1/2 coffee cup oil
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper
How to Make Meyir Soup?
- Cut the peppers and eggplants into cubes and put them in a saucepan.
- Add water over the top and boil.
- When the vegetables start to soften, add the bulgur and cook until it absorbs the water.
- You can add a small amount of hot water at the stage of adding bulgur.
- When the bulgur has absorbed its water, remove it from the stove and let it stand for warming.
- Add the yogurt on the heated bulgur and mix. Wait until it cools completely.
- After chopping the onions for cooking, add oil to the pan.
- Add the onion and pepper flakes to the hot oil and fry.
- Pour the hot oil over the cold soup and serve without waiting. Enjoy your meal.