Ovmaç soup is one of the soups identified with Bolu, even though it is made in many regions. Although it is confused with Oğmaç soup, the way it is made and its ingredients are actually quite different. This soup, served with spices, is often consumed in winter. It is recommended to be consumed once a week as it strengthens immunity. If the ingredients are ready, we can go into details for the preparation of the rub soup.
For how many person Preparation Time Cooking time
6 people 25 minute 15 minute
Ingredients for Ovmaç Soup Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 glass of flour
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato (grated)
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1.5 liters of water
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of mint
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
How to Make Ovmaç Soup?
- Take salt, egg and flour in a large bowl and knead it until it reaches the consistency of dough.
- Cover the dough you have prepared and set it aside.
- Finely chop the onions. Add the butter into the soup pot and melt it.
- Add the onions to the melted oil and fry. When the onions begin to turn pink, add tomato paste and grated tomato on it.
- Finely chop the garlic and add it to the pot. Then add the water and mix.
- After letting the soup boil, cut the dough into small pieces.
- After the soup boils, slowly add the dough pieces and mix.
- Then add salt, pepper, chili peppers and mint and boil for 5 more minutes and remove from the heat.
- Serve the Ovmaç soup with slices of toast. Enjoy your meal.
What are the Tips of Ovmaç Soup Recipe?
- Optionally, you can add ground beef, beans or chickpeas into the soup.
- Use broth instead of regular water to add flavor.
- To prevent the butter from burning, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You can add 1 tablespoon of whipped yogurt to the soup you have prepared.