Especially onion lovers will love this recipe. A hearty meal alone. It goes great with a little salad.
For how many person Preparation Time Cooking time
6 people 25 minute 15 minute
Ingredients For Caramelized Onion And Green Lentil Rice Recipe
- 1 tea glass of rice
- 1 medium onion
- 2 spoons of boiled green lentils
- 1 spoon of boiled chickpeas
- A pinch of parsley
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tea glasses of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil for onion
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Some salt
How To Make Rice With Caramelized Onions And Green Lentils?
- First, the rice is roasted with 2 spoons of oil until it becomes transparent.
- Add 3 cups of warm water and salt.
- Then chickpeas and lentils are added.
- It is cooked on low heat until it absorbs the water.
- Paper towel is covered on it and left to rest.
- On the other side, finely chopped onion in half rings, is placed in a non-stick pan with 1 spoon of oil.
- It is mixed continuously over low heat.
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar is added. It is roasted until it becomes a light brown color.
- By the way, it is already getting slightly crunchy.
- Finally, the rice is decorated with finely chopped parsley and shaped as desired.